Cloud-based vs Excel-based tracking
Many schools track their pupil progress using a spreadsheet tracking system developed by staff at the school, or built by a school in their local area. These spreadsheets can be advanced and track many aspects of the pupil - however, there are intrinsic limitations to an Excel based approach:
- Multiple users: spreadsheets can only be used by one person at a time, and must reside on a hard-disk or memory stick
- Home access: being cloud-based, Pupil*Asset can be accessed from any web-enabled computer, and most popular smartphones / tablets
- Security: user activity is recorded in detail by Pupil*Asset, showing who did what and when. You also cannot "lose" Pupil*Asset unlike a spreadsheet stored on a Laptop or memory stick. Pupil*Asset is also fully SSL encrypted and securely backed up every night to a completely separate system
- Efficiency: Pupil*Asset automatically calculates pointscores, value-added and levels of progress made meaning you don't have spend valuable time collating and calculating Ofsted information yourself. You can also be confident that the figures you give are accurate.
- Accuracy: Pupil*Asset is relied upon by many thousands of teachers, so our formulas are tried and tested giving you confidence that the figures you get are accurate.
- Flexibility: When you identify a cohort of students on Pupil*Asset you can save it as a specific group and then filter on that group - on top of all the usual filters for Ethnicity, Language, Gender etc.
In summary, Pupil*Asset makes understanding your school information simple yet fast and powerful. You don't need to think "how do I get such-and-such out of my spreadsheet tracking system" leaving you to concentrate more on the actual pupils themselves.
Detailed pupil profiles, with graphical displays of progress, targets and extra curricular achievements. Instant point-score and value-added calculations.
school name goes here
Why use Pupil*Asset?
Put simply, we believe that Pupil*Asset is the simpliest yet most powerful assessment tracking tool availble in the UK, trusted by thousands of teachers every day