To get the most out of Pupil Asset Tracker, it is important to keep your data up to date and in good order. Each September, follow these steps to ensure a smooth start to the new academic year.
NB: These help notes are intended for schools using Pupil Asset as a tracker only. These schools will continue to use a separate Management Information System (MIS). If you are a PA MIS user, follow the End of Year routine at Admin > School Options > End of Year.
This link transfers key data from your MIS to Pupil Asset Tracker each evening, ensuring pupil records are up-to-date.
Yes - If you have the Overnight MIS Link, most start-of-year routines are carried out automatically. Complete Step 1 and then jump to Step 5.
No - Follow all Steps (1-5).
Navigate to Admin > Staff and remove staff members who no longer work at the school. Add any new staff using the ‘New User’ button. See 'How to add new staff members' for more information on this.
Navigate to Admin > School Options > End of Year and follow the instructions:
- Update your calendar for the new year
- Export Year 6 and any leavers from other years - remember to enter the correct leaving date. These children will be archived at roll forward.
- Import your new children into pre-admissions, these children will be made live on roll forward and placed in the year indicated on their record.
- Set up future class and groups. All current classes will be emptied at roll forward and future classes made live. If you want to set your classes up after roll forward then leave the future classes and do this after roll forward by CSV Import ( See Step 4 below).
- Click the Roll up button at point 4. This will remove all pupils from their existing classes, move all pupils up one academic year and archive the now historic Year 6 pupils who left in the Summer.
Once your MIS has been updated for the new academic year, including when all new pupils have been uploaded, you will need to feed more detailed information into Pupil Asset Tracker. Create a Whole School CTF (Common Transfer File) and again import this into Pupil Asset at Admin > Imports. For help creating and exporting this CTF, click here.
If you didn’t use the Future Groups Option:
Option A: Manual Setup One Form Entry.
Where Class setup is straightforward, such as one form entry. For help with creating classes click here.
Option B: Import classes Multi-Form Entry.
Where Class set-up is more complex, such as multi-form entry or mixed year classes. where schools have more than one class for each year group or where a class combines pupils from different years, it is recommended that you import Class information from your MIS. For help with importing class information from your MIS click here.
As Groups are set-up by users, it is important that schools keep these updated and, where necessary, that they archive groups that are no longer needed. To edit the setup of a group, or to add/remove pupils from a group, follow the help notes here. To archive a group, follow these instructions.
Navigate to Pupils > Groups and click on the group you wish to archive in the Groups column. From the Group Dashboard that is now displayed, click Edit from the menu down the left-hand side of the screen.
Scroll down to the bottom of this page and click Archive Group.
The group is now archived. On the Pupils > Groups page the group may still appear in the Groups list, but pupils will have been removed and the Group name will contain the (a) suffix, to indicate that the group only exists in the archive. Shortly, the Group will disappear from the live Groups list.
Should you wish to revisit this or any other historic group, use the Display Options on the Pupils > Groups page to select Archived Groups. A list will now appear on Pupils > Groups page.